Data logger for drill riser subsea monitoring
We help clients by providing drill riser subsea monitoring embedded software solutions for oil and gas industries.
- To develop a drill riser subsea monitoring system that can continuously collect data from various sensor.
- Perform a kalman filtering on 1024 readings per sensor
Store the data in primary memory.
- Perform Power management algorithm by keeping the CPU in sleep mode and wake mode at regular intervals.
- Transfer data to the remote location for real time data monitoring via RS232, RS485 interface.
- To choose micro-controller that supports multi thread operation. while consumes less power during run time.
- Supports multiple interfaces like i2c, spi, RS232, RS485.
- Should have enough internal memory for performing kalman filtering algorithm.
- Should interface with external memory for storing sensor data.
- Should be capable of sending sensor data to remote device on request.
- Atmel cortex M4 with RS232, RS485, SPI, i2C, RTC interface and with 256KB internal memory which supports FreeRTOS for multithreaded functionality.
- Sensor PHY chipset that queues 512 readings and can interrupt the CPU on completion of 512 readings.
- Host CPU sleeps in this duration and wakes up on interrupt reads the samples stores in the external memory.
- On completion of 1024 readings per sensor perform kalman filter algorithm on the samples.
- Send the samples to the remote machine on request. via ethernet interface.
- Data logger can be automatic so no human presence is necessary
- Readings can be continually taken over long periods
- There is no chance of somebody forgetting to take a reading
- Readings will be more accurate if a computer takes them because there is no chance of human error
- Sensors can be placed in locations where it is dangerous for humans to go
- Readings can be taken very quickly [several readings every second from a number of different sensors]. Humans could not achieve this.