Microchip Atmel sam4e microcontroller SAM4E-EK Evaluation Board is an evaluation kit for the rapid development of the Microchip SAM4E microcontroller. It is based on the integration of an ARM®Cortex®-M4 processor with on-board NAND Flash and a set of popular peripherals. This evaluation board is designed to provide a high performance processor evaluation solution with high flexibility for various kinds of applications.
ARM® Cortex®-M4 processor-based microcontroller (MCU), the SAM4E16E features a floating point unit and a high data bandwidth architecture and is targeted at industrial automation and building control applications.
The device embeds 1MB Flash and features multiple networking/connectivity peripherals, including two 2.0A/B compatible CAN interfaces and an IEEE Std 1588-compatible 10/100Mbps Ethernet MAC. Additional communication interfaces include a FS USB device, a HS SDCard/SDIO/MMC interface, USARTs, SPIs and multiple TWIs.
Analog features include dual 1Msps, 16-bit ADCs of up to 24 channels with analog front end offering offset and gain error correction, and a 2-channel, 1Msps, 12-bit DAC.
- SAM4E16 chip BGA144 package with optional socket footprint
- 12MHz crystal
- 32.768kHz crystal
- Optional SMB connector for external system clock input
- NAND Flash
- 2.8 inch TFT color LCD display with touch panel and backlight
- UART port with RS232 driver
- USART port with RS232 driver multiplexed with RS485 function with driver
- CAN port with driver
- Mono/stereo headphone jack output
- SD/MMC interface
- Reset button: NRST
- User buttons: WAKU, TAMP, Scroll-up, Scroll-down
- QTouch® buttons: Left, Right and Slider
- Full Speed USB device port
- JTAG/ICE port
- On-board power regulation
- Three user LEDs
- Power LED
- BNC connector for ADC input
- BNC connector for DAC output
- User potentiometer connected to the ADC input
- ZigBee® connector
- PIO connection interfaces (PIOA, PIOC and PIOD with 32-bit, PIOB with 16-bit PIOE with 6-bit)